Major Update 03/07/2023
Now can trade Apex Trader Funding on TradingView and on Tradovate platforms, and use a CQG connection. No more Rithmic.
Can choose between 2 types of connections Tradovate which uses the CQG connection and which you can use to log in and trade from TradingView or the Rtrader connection.
A video to short explain all the new changes
Apex Trader Funding has been around for almost 14 years operating in the trader education and development space. They have a massive community of over 30,000 traders spanning most of the world. Founder Darrell Martin has worked with many funded trader funding programs to take away their best features to bring you simple trader funding opportunities without adding too many hoops to jump through even to pass a single step.
Apex Trader Funding Promo Code: PROPTRADERZ
Apex Trader Funding has changed the time it takes for traders to get funded from 10 days to 7 days. Yup, this is a pretty big deal and is improving their overall score with us. To top it off, these rules change also include the existing accounts. This means that if you are currently trading and have reached your profit goal and traded for seven days, you have completed your mission and can now get a PA account.
Receive 100% of the first $25k paid out
This change is also nothing to sneeze at. Traders will get 100% of the first $25K paid out to them without having to split it with Apex Trader Funding prop firm. Many companies claim to let their traders keep the first certain amount of money 100% to themselves; however, they need to highlight that it is per trader.
If you have multiple accounts funded with those prop firms, you will have to start sharing the profits once you hit that amount in total across all of the accounts. However, Apex Trader Funding will pay you out the first $25K 100% for each funded account you have with them. So if you have four accounts and all hit $25K profitability, Apex will pay you $100K without asking you to cut them a slice. Apex policy states that you can have up to 20 PA accounts at once, so you can do the math.
As with the seven-day evaluation, the prop firm also allows the existing accounts to qualify for the same treatment as new accounts. So if you are currently working in a PA account before the Black Friday sales hit, you will also get to keep 100% of your first $25K.
10-Day PA Payouts
Another massive change. Before this new update, Apex Trader Funding required at least 10 days of trading under the belt to request the first payout. After the December update, Apex allows funded traders to request payouts after only ten days of trading. You will also need 10 days between payout requests. This rule change includes existing accounts as well.
2 Payouts Per Month
Payouts are now allowed to be made 2 times per month. And with the 10-day trading time needed in between the payouts, this makes it possible for you to request two payments in a month. Here is how it will work:
- You qualify for a PA account
- You trade under the PA account for at least 10 days (if you have requested before, you must have 10 days in between requests)
- You reach a minimum balance to request a withdrawal
- You submit a request
- Apex receives the request
- Apex reviews the request
- Apex approves the request
- You receive the payout
- Min withdraw 500$
The schedule to request payouts is as follows:
- You make a request between the 1st and 5th of the month
- You make a request between the 15th and 20th of the month nth
Apex Trader Funding prop firm has revamped its whole FAQs section. In this newer version, the FAQ is easier to follow and has a ton of videos for training purposes. In addition, the section is now called “Knowledge Base” and has a search bar to type topics that interest you.
Contracts: Maximum position size or most futures contracts you can have traded in your trading exam account. You do not have to trade full size at once; you can trade just one at a time. And if market conditions get too crazy, you can now trade micro contracts too (for example, MES/MNQ are 1/10th the size of ES/NQ). A maximum number of futures micro contracts is listed next to the full contract size.
Profit Goal: Pretty Straight Forward, reach the profit goal, and as soon as you place a trade during 7 different trading days and have a funded account balance above starting balance + profit goal, you will advance to the funded money account to trade for real money profits.
Daily drawdown: NONE! There is no daily drawdown. Competitors make you adhere to Daily and sometimes weekly account drawdowns. With Apex trader funding, you have all the breathing room you need to trade with one drawdown or trailing Threshold.
Trailing Threshold: or maximum allowed drawdown for trading exam account. Drawdown is the dollar $ trailing your highest reached balance. For example, suppose you have a 7.5k drawdown in a 300k account. When first starting, the balance can not cross below 292.5K. As you make profits, the drawdown trails. If the balance reaches 303K, the level you can drawdown to becomes 295.5k.
Minimum Trading Days: You can qualify with as few as ten trading days. Trading days are defined as trading hours that range from 6 pm one day to 5 pm the next. Half-day trading holidays count towards the next day.
Tracking Threshold: With Apex live trailing threshold, you don’t have to worry about daily drawdown. Instead, this can be viewed in real-time using their trading software.
Trade Any Day, 23 Hours A Day: Trades can be made on holidays or during news between 6:59 ET and 4:59 ET. Trades must be completed by 4:59 pm ET. Trades will be closed by the system automatically to help traders not lose accounts for breaking a rule by forgetting open orders
Maximum Position Size: Trade up to the maximum position size. You will not be prevented from trading additional contracts in funded or evaluation accounts.
Trade during News: Trading your day-to-day system during news announcements won’t cause you to fail!
One-step evaluation: You will be eligible if you reach your profit target before your maximum drawdown of min 7 trading days.
Scaling: Once again, another big advantage of working with APEX is to achieve a real withdrawable money account. Many competitors ask you to scale your positions, sizing up as you make a profit, and try to trap you for violating the contract sizing rules if the balance is in the wrong position sizing bracket. Here you have the freedom to trade the maximum allowed contracts from the first trade.
NinjaTrader License: One of the most popular and powerful trading platforms is included with the Apex Funding program and is ready to go from the start. Just Ninjatrader’s lease for just the platform is $225 quarterly. So here, you get a chance to get funding for the cost of software alone. And that’s not all; you get more.
Real-Time Data: In the Apex funding program, you get immediate access to all the live data, including the most popular products from CBOT, CME, COMEX, and NYMEX. In addition, you can earn funding by trading the products of the following futures:
- Index Futures – ES, NQ, YM, EMD, RTY American indexes and even get crazy with wild NKD Nikkei futures.
- Interest Rate Futures – ZB, UB, ZN, ZF, ZT, GE
- Currency Futures – Aussie Dollar, British Pound, Canadian Dollar, Euro FX, Japanese Yen Futures (Inverse of USD/JPY), Swiss Franc, and New Zeland Dollar
- Agricultural Products – Lean Hogs (HE), Live Cattle (LE), Feeder Cattle (GF), Corn (ZC), Wheat (ZW), Soybeans (ZS), Soybean Meal (ZM), Soybean Oil (ZL)
- Energy Futures – CL, NG, QG (mini natural gas), HO, RB
- Metals Futures – GC, SI, HG, PL, PA, QI, and QO
Newly added micro futures that are 1/10th the size of full contracts:
- Index Micros: MES, MNQ, MYM, M2K
- Metal Micro: MGC
- Currency Micros: M6A, M6E
- Micro Crude Futures
As you see, a full array of financial instruments is available for you to trade with flexible position sizes.
Commissions: Like in real-world trading, commissions are charged for trading during the Apex evaluation account. Round Trip commissions:
- Equity Index Futures: $3.98 bet round turn
- Interest Rate futures: $3.12-4.02 / RT
- Currency Futures are $4.72 per round turn trade
- AG Futures: $5.58 RT
- Energy Futures: $3.96
- Metals: $4.62 for full contracts and $3.02 for the minis
- Micro Futures: $1.02/RT or less
Another place APEX shines, commissions are in line with the lowest rates at online brokerages. Some of the competitors overcharge on commissions, especially punishing scalpers.
Reset: If you reach the drawdown and fail the evaluation. You can reset it for only $80 and start over. Likewise, you can get aggressive with large accounts and restart for only $80. While not ideal for a disciplined trader path, it is an approach you can take with this program.
Going Live – Becoming Funded Trader
Once the system detects that Profit Target and Min Day Traded requirements have been met, traders are sent a funded trader contract and request to pay set up / data fee. Contracts are fairly simple and go over-funded account rules and payout instructions. No super intrusive inquiries and disclosures are necessary, like with some competitors.
The accounts we got funded in May, contracts were filled out at 7 am, and live accounts were ready before the market opened at 930am. The process is very smooth. Very Important to note: the contract has to be completed within two business days of being sent out. Not sure why such a rush is necessary. But please pay attention to your emails after completing the evaluation.
Getting Paid – Apex Payouts
Good News! Apex is a very trustworthy company. Low-fee evaluations allow you to be funded in 7 days and be on the way to trading for a 100% profit split at first.
Keep 100% of your first $25,000 profit withdrawals.
Not so good news: It is not a get-rich-quick scheme. Traders are encouraged to grow accounts and not make large withdrawals at first. There is a minimum of 10 trading day requirements for requesting withdrawals. There are many opinions on this format. While it is great for growing accounts and having a sufficient cushion to work with, many traders would like to have the option to get paid for great performance. The fourth withdrawal is when things finally open up and unlock the full value of Apex Trader Funding:
- Low Fee
- Fast Funding
- Trusted Company
- High Available Leverage
- Trading software included in evaluations and live phases
Withdrawals are paid out twice a month (every 10 traded days)
You may request and receive a payout Twice Per Month:
Request Dates: 1st-5th
Approvals may happen any time between the 6th and 14th of the month
Request Dates: 20th -25th
Only PA payment requests that are in PENDING status can be cancelled
Profit Share: Traders are entitled to 100% of the first $ 25,000 they are paid out, and 90% of the profit after that.
Get Paid More For the Same Performance at APEX
Firstly, when purchasing evaluations, use discount code PROPTRADERZ only to pay the lowest price for evaluations. There are techniques and approaches to being funded at APEX thanks to them allowing multiple evaluation accounts under one master account (DO NOT create multiple logins, only one per person is allowed) leveraging is all in trading as in this POST
Trading and Funding Multiple Accounts and Strategies at once under one main APEX account!
Most will settle for just one evaluation account, and it is common for the trader funding industry to limit traders to only one evaluation or trading exam account at once. However, Apex allows you to trade multiple trader evaluation accounts at once. This allows you to tackle your trading goals in different ways and use more advanced trading strategies:
- Spread out the risk: if you would like to trade large positions and lower the chance of hitting the drawdown, scaling into multiple accounts will lower the chances of hitting the drawdown than putting the same risk on in a single account. It is also much easier to look at ten times $200 loss than one $2000 and have plenty of room to trade out of the small drawdown.
- Push the leverage – a Trade Copier REPLIKANTO FLOW BOTS Is best in my opinion and a discount code PROPTRADERZ10 for 10% off is available to copy the trades into multiple trading accounts. You could get multiple accounts on a great sale, hook up the trade copier and go. You can trade as many accounts as you want.
- However, Apex reserves the right to limit the number of Live accounts one trader can have, so to be safe; they recommend not going over 20 accounts (read high trading leverage breakdown only if you are an extremely aggressive trader, look away if having more than two futures contract position makes you queasy)
- 10x 300k Full accounts cost $657; with this great funding program sale, you can get 10 of these programs for $3285; using the trade copier, you can trade up to 350 futures contracts with a drawdown across all accounts of $75,000.
- That massive leverage and opportunity would require well over $1,000,000 in even the most aggressive margin brokerage accounts. And then, guess what? If you do not succeed right away, you can reset all those accounts for only $80 each or $800 total, and you get to give 350 contracts and a $75000 drawdown account another chance to get funding.
- This type of extremely aggressive leverage is not for everyone; to be honest, it is for almost no one. Leverage is a double-edged sword with extreme downside risk, and that risk almost always catches up with overleveraged traders. But if you take such substantial risks, it is probably favourable to do it for $3285 after passing the trading test rather than in a million+ trading own money account.
Firstly, a 150K account is the best if you want to get a large drawdown and only operate a single account. 25K is a good starter account with a 1:1 profit target to drawdown ratio.
50k account brings the best value – good drawdown to profit target ratio with a great low price.
Very important: for the sake of this exercise, traders need to be able to spread the risk amongst multiple accounts manually or use trade copier software.
For the sake of comparison, we are working with the following:
- Two 50k accounts vs. a Single 150K account
- The trader is performing and profits well over the maximum withdrawal limit
- Position sizing should not be an issue as 50k accounts allow more than half of 150k account position sizing 10 x 2 vs. 17.
Total available drawdown:
- $5,000 in both accounts
Profit Target to Funding:
- $6,000 to $9,000
- 2x50k requires $3,000 less in profit target to get funded for the same drawdown amount as the 150k account.
Now for withdrawals during the first three months:
- $4,000 – Max Withdrawal for 2x50k
- $2,750 – Max Withdrawal for 150k account
Traders can withdraw $1,250 a month more and a total of $3,750 more over the first three months, while trader performance is the same. And let’s not forget that it takes $3,000 less in profit to qualify.
Risk Disclosure: This content is provided for informational purposes only. We strive to make the content accurate and current by updating it often. Sometimes, the actual data may differ from what is stated on our website. onlineproptrading.com operates independently. Although we are an independent platform, advertisements and sponsored products may compensate us. We also receive compensation for clicking on links on our website. Authors and contributors are not certified or registered financial advisors. Before making any financial decisions, you should consult a financial professional.