The Joe Ross EMA Strategy Add-on
Send download link to:
The Joe Ross EMA (Exponential Moving Average) Crossover Strategy is a trend-following trading strategy developed by Joe Ross, a well-known trader and author. This strategy uses two Exponential Moving Averages with different periods to identify potential entry and exit points in the market. Here’s how the strategy works:
- EMA 9 (Exponential Moving Average with a period of 9)
- EMA 18 (Exponential Moving Average with a period of 18)
- Buy Signal (Bullish Crossover):
- When the EMA 9 crosses above the EMA 18, it generates a buy signal.
- Enter a long position when the bullish crossover occurs.
- Sell Signal (Bearish Crossover):
- When the EMA 9 crosses below the EMA 18, it generates a sell signal.
- Enter a short position when the bearish crossover occurs.
- Exit Long Position:
- To exit a long position, you can use various methods, such as setting a trailing stop-loss, using a fixed profit target, or waiting for the EMA 9 to cross below the EMA 18 (bearish crossover) as a signal to exit.
- Exit Short Position:
- To exit a short position, you can also use methods like a trailing stop-loss, a fixed profit target, or waiting for the EMA 9 to cross above the EMA 18 (bullish crossover) as a signal to exit.
Example: Let’s say you are trading a particular stock using the Joe Ross EMA Crossover Strategy. You observe that the EMA 9 (blue line) crosses above the EMA 18 (red line), generating a bullish crossover. At this point, you enter a long position in the stock. You stay in the trade until one of the exit signals is triggered, like the EMA 9 crossing below the EMA 18 or reaching a predetermined profit target.
- It’s essential to practice this strategy on historical data or in a demo account before applying it to real trading to gain confidence and understanding.
- No trading strategy guarantees profits, and losses are possible. Proper risk management is crucial to protect your capital.
- As with any technical indicator or strategy, it’s best to combine the Joe Ross EMA Crossover Strategy with other tools and analysis methods to make well-informed trading decisions.
Please refer to: https://intranet2012.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/joe-ross-chapter_23_191_202-the-camelback-technique.pdf
I have set the default SMA value to 30 instead of Joe Ross’s 40 SMA. I have also included sound files used by this indicator. There could be too many arrows printed on the chart if you enable trend arrows. You may want to read Joe Ross’s chapter from the above link, and test your strategy before entering any trade using this indicator. Please let me know with any suggestions to further improve this indicator.